Signal Design, Inc. was bought by Dynamic Instruments, San Diego, CA.Back to Brooke's Military Autio, Squad Radio, Military Information, Home page
Their CR/VR Series looks like this unit.
Here is an image from the DI web page of a CR1100
The CR1102-1 & CR1104-1 are ruggedized 2 or 4 channel analog audio recorders that use a standard Phillips cassette to archive audio. The recorder has optional RS-232 & IEEE-488 communication ports for remote control capability. Physically it is a 1/3 rack configuration (3 can fit into a 19" rack by 5.25" high). The recorder runs on 115/230 VAC or 28 VDC power.
Photo Front - ON-OFF, 6-pin Headset, LCD, Keyboard, slot for tape cassette
Photo Back - It has:Photo of the tape transport removed from the main unit - on the left side you can see a hole with three smaller holes around it. This would be for a second capstan motor. I don't know if that would be for running in both directions, or an option. For every electrical item on the deck there is a short cable with a plug.
- J1 Power Connector that looks just like the MT1060DS Bendix 9507 PT02E-12-10S (does mate with Newark 93F3378) The Newark p/n 93F3378 includes the ITTC MS3116F12-10P connector and the Cannon p/n 057-3007-000 end bell assembly
- J2 Transfer (looks like the socket version of J1)
- J3 Remote, a 19 socket connector
- J4 Audio, a 26 socket connector
- J5 is U-228 (6-pin) audio connector on front panel
- J6 IEEE-488 interface option
RD-609/TSQ-164I don't know the difference between the RD-609/TSQ-164 and the other models. Photos of the RD-609 show that it does NOT have the IEEE-488 interface. TSQ would mean Ground Transportable, Radio, Special or Combination.
Jerry Proc has a little about the TSQ-164 on his web Masset station web page.
Photo Front - Looks the same as the one above
Photo Back - Looks the same EXCEPT there is no IEEE-488 interface connector
Side & Photo Label - CR1002(RD-609/TSQ-164) Communications Recorder
Spread sheet in pdf format explaining the controls
This is the time this page has been accessed since since 27 Feb 2001.